Valserhof's holiday programme for your summer!
A wonderful summer fairytale
A hiking holiday, cycling holiday, adventure holiday – it doesn't matter what you have in mind as you are definitely in the right place at the Vitalpina Hotel Valserhof. We get you through the summer with our variety-packed weekly programme!
Below is a selection of the most wonderful summer activities in South Tyrol – rigorously checked and tested personally by your host.
Hiking holidays in South Tyrol
As a Vitalpina Hotel in South Tyrol your hiking holiday is actually our job. Together we go on 5 guided hikes a week in Valles/Vals and the surrounding area – from easy mountain pasture hikes to challenging tours of the peaks, there is something for everyone. The Gitschberg Jochtal alpine region with its 30 mountain pastures and countless hiking trails is the ideal terrain for your hiking holiday with great prospects – the view stretches over roughly 500 mountain peaks!
Our hiking tips: up to the Malga Fane/Fane-Alm for a dumpling snack, a mountain inn hike to the Brixner Hütte or a tour to the wild Kreuzspitze peak (3,130 m).
Including in your hiking holiday
As enthusiastic mountaineers we know about the needs of our hiking friends. That's why everything that now follows is included in your hiking holiday free:
- Free equipment on loan
- Hiking library and hiking information folder with suggested tours
- 10 guided hikes together every week with our hiking guides of many years Annemie and Karl (from Monday to Friday, always 2 hikes of different levels of difficulty to choose from)
- The hotel's own shuttle bus to take our guests to the tour's starting point and pick them up again
For your activities you receive the AlmcardPLUS free when you arrive at the hotel. Between May and October this entitles you to:
- Free use of all regional public transportation in South Tyrol
- Free entrance in more than 80 museums and collections in South Tyrol
- Unrestricted travel on the Gitschberg cable car
- Unrestricted travel on the Jochtal cable car (from 7th June)
- Unrestricted travel on the Rio di Pusteria/Mühlbach and Maranza/Meransen cable car
- 1 return trip on the Plose cable car (Bressanone/Brixen)
- Bus trip from Rio di Pusteria/Mühlbach up to the Rodengo/Rodeneck and Lüsner mountain pasture
- Take part in the hike along the "Meronsna" legend trail (every Monday)
- Take part in the guided tour of the peak to the panoramic platform on the Gitschberg (every Tuesday)
- Take part in the legend hike in Rodengo/Rodeneck (every Tuesday)
- Take part in the hike through the golden autumn (every Tuesday in autumn)
- Take part in the guided farm hike in the Val di Fundres/Pfunderer Tal (every Wednesday)
- Take part in the bunker hike in Spinga/Spinges (every Thursday)
- Take part in the tour of the Chiusa di Rio di Pusteria/Mühlbacher Klause (Thursdays, from mid-June to mid-September)
- Take part in the organic farm tour in Rio di Pusteria/Mühlbach (every Thursday)
- Take part in the guided Kneipp health hike in Valle d’Altafossa/Altfasstal (every Friday)
- Take part in geocaching in Valles/Vals / Jochtal (every Friday)
- Take part in the sunrise hike to Stoanamandl, Jochtal Valles/Vals (every Friday)
The hikes and events listed take place every week. You must always register by 4.00 p.m. the day before. We will be happy to advise you on reception!
Beyond your hiking holiday
South Tyrol offers you a range of other stomping grounds for your summer activities! You can reach the world-famous Dolomites and Dolomite valleys such as the Val Badia/Gadertal, Valle di Braies/Pragser Tal, Val di Landro/Höhlensteintal or Sesto/Sexten with the Three Peaks in no time at all. The Alpe di Siusi/Seiser Alm and Odle/Geisler peaks are in the direction of the Eisack valley. All of them invite you to go mountaineering, climbing, mountain biking, paragliding and much more! A hiking holiday is South Tyrol is packed with such variety!